Auto insurance going up? Check your credit score and ZIP code
ALBANY — If you live in the Capital Region and have an excellent credit score, you’ll likely pay an average of $568 a year for auto liability insurance. If your credit is fair you’ll pay $866 and if it is poor you’ll pay $1,486, regardless of your driving record.
That’s because insurance companies use secret, proprietary algorithms or formulas to set rates that are based on more than an individual’s driving record.
- Health Insurance Changes When You Turn 65 | News, Sports, Jobs
- When is an abortion covered by health insurance?
- Trump's legacy looms large as Colorado aims to close the Hispanic insurance gap
- Health Insurance Stock CEO and Research Analyst Reveal Hidden Values
- California will offer health insurance to all undocumented immigrants