Miami Lawyers Overcome Hurdle of Several Fabre Defendants to Clinch $20M Verdict
“That was something that would give any trial lawyer pause,” said plaintiff counsel Raul E. Garcia Jr. of Rubenstein Law in Miami.
April 24, 2023 at 03:01 PM
5 minute read
Thank you for sharing!
Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.
What You Need to Know
- A Miami judge denied all appeals paving the way for plaintiff’s $20-million dollar award
- The controversial Fabre Doctrine played a pivotal role in the case
- Plaintiffs attorney share tactics in convincing jury to award such a large amount
The case of a 15-year old school boy crushed by a wall in 2015 crossed a final hurdle when a judge denied a set-off motion and all appeals to pave the way in securing his $20-million award.
The jury verdict in the commercial premises liability case also made news last week, as one of the top 10 highest monetary jury verdicts in Florida for 2022.
Want to continue reading?
Become an ALM Digital Reader for Free!
Benefits of a Digital Membership
- Free access to 1 article* every 30 days
- Access to the entire ALM network of websites
- Unlimited access to the ALM suite of newsletters
- Build custom alerts on any search topic of your choosing
- Search by a wide range of topics
Already have an account? Sign In Now
Click here to access the Public Notices and the Courts sections of the The Daily Business Review in PDF format.
Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates
75 Ponce De Leon Ave NE Ste 101
Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone
2 Oliver St #608
Smith & Hassler
1225 N Loop W #525
Presented by BigVoodoo
More From ALM
With this subscription you will receive unlimited access to high quality, online, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry. This is perfect for attorneys licensed in multiple jurisdictions or for attorneys that have fulfilled their CLE requirement but need to access resourceful information for their practice areas.
Our Team Account subscription service is for legal teams of four or more attorneys. Each attorney is granted unlimited access to high quality, on-demand premium content from well-respected faculty in the legal industry along with administrative access to easily manage CLE for the entire team.
Gain access to some of the most knowledgeable and experienced attorneys with our 2 bundle options! Our Compliance bundles are curated by CLE Counselors and include current legal topics and challenges within the industry. Our second option allows you to build your bundle and strategically select the content that pertains to your needs. Both options are priced the same.
Dynamically explore and compare data on law firms, companies, individual lawyers, and industry trends.
Law.com Compass includes access to our exclusive industry reports, combining the unmatched expertise of our analyst team with ALM’s deep bench of proprietary information to provide insights that can’t be found anywhere else.
Law.com Compass delivers you the full scope of information, from the rankings of the Am Law 200 and NLJ 500 to intricate details and comparisons of firms’ financials, staffing, clients, news and events.
Subscribe to Daily Business Review
Don’t miss the crucial news and insights you need to make informed legal decisions. Join Daily Business Review now!
Unlimited access to Daily Business Review
Access to additional free ALM publications
1 free article* across the ALM subscription network every 30 days
Exclusive discounts on ALM events and publications
- There Are Different Types Of Lawyers For The Most Common Legal Problems
- Insights in Action: Differing perceptions of stand-out lawyers' skill sets
- Business Law Prof Blog
- International Business Law As A Model Of Neutrality Avoiding Bias Pitfalls In Gun Regulations
- Student Perspective on the Business Law Boot Camp: Adan Abu-Hakmeh | Law